From Processors to the Full Platform, Intel is Fueling What Its Partners Can Deliver to Consumers. By Chris Walker
Robert Noyce, who founded Intel in 1968, said, “Innovation is everything. When you’re on the forefront, you can see what the next innovation needs to be.” This is what inspires us every day at Intel.
This week at IFA Berlin 2017, we’ll see many new, innovative technologies and devices developed for the world of tomorrow on the show floor. It’s an exciting prospect. As technology evolves, it affects how we experience and interact with the world around us.
Intel is at the heart of creating these experiences as well as pushing the boundaries for what’s coming next. From processors to the entire platform, we’re fueling what the ecosystem can deliver to consumers – immersive experiences, portability, connectivity and more compute power in thinner, lighter, innovative form factors – that will set a new standard. One of the ways we do this is through strong collaboration with partners around the world, especially the makers of the PCs that we interact with every day and are an integral part of daily life.
On Aug. 21, Intel introduced the 8thGeneration Intel® Core™ processor family and launched the first set of products – the mobile processors enabling thin and light laptops and 2 in 1 designs for consumers. With up to 40 perfect performance boost gen-over-gen1and double the performance compared with a 5-year-old machine2, these processors will deliver outstanding power, immersive entertainment, and a simple and convenient computing experience that people can feel.
Press Kit: 8thGen Intel Core
In the past few days, our partners have announced a number of exciting 8thGen Intel Core processor-powered devices. Here’s a glimpse at a few from our partners – both in new designs and ones that you’ve come to love:
- Acer* introduced the
Nitro 5 Spin
*, designed to provide maximum versatility for casual gaming. Or, consumers can consider the
*, which delivers superb portability, smooth usability and stylish design in an ultra-slim and light notebook.
- The recently launched ASUS
ZenBook Flip S
* combines elegant sophistication with the convenience and versatility of a 360-degree display at just 10.9 mm thin. Additionally, the
ZenBook Flip 14
* is powerful and elegantly refined with features to unleash your creativity.
- The Dell
* delivers incredible battery life with even more power. Plus, the latest
* 2 in 1s and laptops offer stunning visual experience and performance in sleek packages.
- In the increasingly mobile, on-demand world, the new always-connected HP ProBook 400 Series* enables professionals to stay productive in the office and on the go — while still offering a full uncompromised Windows 10* experience. For consumers, the
HP Spectre x360
*, built for creators, has been updated to deliver more power than before.
Lenovo Yoga 920
* offers intuitive, immersive new ways to work and play – and gets more personalized with limited edition Gorilla Glass* cover designs, including Star Wars* Special Editions created with Disney* and Yoga 920 Vibes* designed by a young talent at Istituto Europeo di Design (IED) 4. Lenovo also announced the always-connected
* that gives people always-connected, intuitive ways to create content or immerse in entertainment no matter where they are.
All these designs have one thing in common: outstanding performance powered by 8thGen Intel Core processors. More than 145 mobile designs in all shapes and sizes will be available to consumers and businesses over the coming months. This is only the beginning. We have much more in store for our 8thGen Intel Core processor family with desktop products coming in fall and more in the following year.
The time has come when people have a PC on their own terms, and their devices adapt to their own needs. That’s the ultimate modern PC and the power of innovation. There truly hasn’t been a better time to get a new PC.
Chris Walker is vice president of the Client Computing Group and general manager of the Mobility Client Platform at Intel Corporation.